BioElectronics Company Profile
BioElectronics Corporation, headquartered in Frederick, Maryland, USA, is an award winning developer and manufacturer of innovative consumer medical devices that are designed to treat both acute and chronic pain using pulsed electromagnetic diathermy. This therapy is clinically proven, effective, safe and has been used for decades by physicians and physiotherapists. Advances in microelectronics have made it possible to deliver clinically proven and superior extended duration therapy in a small, convenient and economical medical device for personal extended use making it very cost beneficial. This has involved miniaturizing the existing technology into small, lightweight wearable medical devices that can be used up to twenty four hours a day. Our products cover a wide range of markets including the ActiPatch® for Musculoskeletal Pain, Allay™ for Menstrual Pain, RecoveryRx™ for Chronic Wounds and Postoperative Recovery and HealFast® for cats, dogs and horses.
Pain is a significant health issue negatively impacting quality of life. Today, pain is still inadequately treated, and many options, which are mostly based on pharmacological agents, have limited efficacy and can cause dangerous adverse side effects. BioElectronics vision is to provide a safe alternative to traditional therapies with a highly effective and safe solution to pain. We received the “2009 Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Awards” and in 2013 the ActiPatch® Musculoskeletal Pain Therapy was a runner up in “Most Innovative New OTC Product” award from the OTC Bulletin, a leading UK-based Healthcare Marketing Publication.
We currently distribute and market our innovative medical devices to 57 countries. We hope to introduce our technology to new markets and additional countries in the near future. We look forward to serving you!
Below is a list of the Company’s accomplishments to date:
- United States Food and Drug Administration market clearance for the treatment of edema following blepharoplasty.
- Canadian market approval for relief of pain in musculoskeletal complaints and menstrual relief in both medical and over-the-counter markets.
- CE Mark (European Common Market) Certification for the medical and retail over-the-counter markets.
- ISO Certification
- Sold over 500,000 units around the world in 55+ countries.
- A solid intellectual property portfolio covering both the product design, the pulse signature and therapies.
- A 3-year pipeline of new products for treatment of sports injuries, bone fractures, chronic injuries, chronic wounds, skin conditions, arthritis and post-operative care.
- Chosen as “One of 9 Medical Breakthroughs That May Change Your Life” by MedicalHeadway.com.
- Awarded the 2009 Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation medical devices runner up award.
- Cited for “Most Innovative New OTC Product” runner up award from the OTC Bulletin, a leading UK-based Healthcare Marketing Publication.