FREDERICK, MD, USA, August 26, 2014 — BioElectronics Corporation (OTC Pink: BIEL), the maker of advanced drug-free consumer medical devices, today released the updated results of its “Try It and Tell Us” 7-day ActiPatch sample program for United Kingdom and Ireland residents who were surveyed about their experience. Overall results for chronic musculoskeletal pain showed a 77% efficacy to ActiPatch Therapy with an average pain decrease of 52%. Visit www.bielcorp.com/clinical-evidence/musculoskeletal-pain to see the 430 consumer responses and www.facebook.com/ActiPatch to view what people in the UK and Ireland are saying about the products.
“These consistent results across varied disease states establish two critical facts,” said Ian Rawe, Ph.D., Director of Clinical Research at BioElectronics Corporation. “ActiPatch Therapy works on the fundamental problem of inflammation and pain and it is meeting a critical unmet need in chronic pain management.”
Specific disease condition results were:
- Chronic Back Pain sufferers reported 76% efficacy to ActiPatch Therapy with a 50% improvement in average pain levels.
- Osteoarthritis sufferers have a higher baseline pain average and 85% of them reported efficacy to ActiPatch Therapy with a pain level drop of 52%
- Fibromyalgia sufferers; 75% efficacy to ActiPatch Therapy with a 49 % decrease in pain.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferers; reported 83% efficacy to ActiPatch Therapy with a 52% average drop in pain.
- Post-Surgery Chronic Pain sufferers; 66% efficacy to ActiPatch, Therapy with a 52% decrease in pain.
- Neuropathy sufferers; 64% efficacy to ActiPatch, Therapy with a 51% decrease in pain.
ActiPatch Therapy devices are readily available over-the-counter outside of the US, for approximately $30.00, retail or $0.04 per hour of therapy.
BioElectronics Executive Vice President, Deepak Kotak, M.D. a Fellow of the Royal College of Anesthesiology observed that the American Pain Foundation 2006 patient survey, Voices of Chronic Pain revealed that half of chronic pain patients taking opioid analgesics felt they had little or no control of their pain.
“With chronic pain affecting approximately 50 million Americans, this lack of control represents a major public health concern and indicates much chronic pain may be untreated, undertreated or improperly treated.“ Dr. Kotak concluded, “This ActiPatch UK consumer survey shows that even with better understanding of chronic pain and more drugs available, chronic pain sufferers still have unacceptably high baseline pain levels underscoring the urgent need for new efficacious pain therapies such as ActiPatch that can be self administered to reduce or obviate the need for prescription drugs, particularly opiates.”
About BioElectronics Corporation
BioElectronics Corporation is a leader in Bioelectronics and the maker of a family of disposable, drug-free, medical devices: ActiPatch® Therapy, over-the-counter treatment for back pain and other musculoskeletal complaints; RecoveryRx® Devices for chronic and post-operative wound care; Allay® Menstrual Pain Therapy; and HealFast® Therapy for dogs, cats and horses. For more information, please visit www.bielcorp.com.
Contact: Paul Knopick: 940.262.3584