BioElectronics Corporation (OTC Pink: BIEL) develops, manufactures, markets and sells highly efficacious, cost/beneficial, and safe medical devices for chronic pain. These competitively priced analgesics provide superior pain relief compared to hot or cold therapies, and common high-risk pain medications. Globally, we are developing strong OTC brands that reflect a new profound market segment of products for the back, knee, other musculoskeletal problems as well as menstrual pain.
Clinically established, the wafer-thin, easy-to-wear, patented, drug-free, devices reduce pain, inflammation and accelerate healing. The Company’s technology platform is a pipeline of new product opportunities. In 2009, BioElectronics received a “Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award.”
The dermal patch delivery system creates a multitude of new product opportunities for chronic and acute inflammatory conditions. The market potential is estimated at $10 billion or 400 million incidents worldwide. The distinctive value proposition of ActiPatch is the delivery of drug-free therapy that reduces pain and inflammation and accelerates healing by 30% to 50% when compared with the present standard methods of patient care. The current major applications are:
- Chronic Wounds
- Oral Surgeries
- Sprains and Strains
- Lower Back Pain
- Chronic Repetitive Stress Injuries, Heel Pain, Carpal Tunnel, Bursitis, etc.
Below is a list of the Company’s accomplishments to date.
- United States Food and Drug Administration market clearance for the treatment of edema following blepharoplasty.
- Canadian market approval for relief of pain in musculoskeletal complaints and menstrual relief in both medical and over-the-counter markets.
- CE Mark (European Common Market) Certification for the medical and retail over-the-counter markets.
- ISO Certification
- Sold over 500,000 units around the world in 55+ countries.
- A solid intellectual property portfolio covering both the product design, the pulse signature and therapies.
- A 3-year pipeline of new products for treatment of sports injuries, bone fractures, chronic injuries, chronic wounds, skin conditions, arthritis and post-operative care.
- Six published refereed medical journal studies. On-going medical research at Tufts Medical and Dental School; University of Chicago Medical School; University of British Columbia; University Hospital Ghent, Belgium; University Hospital G. Martin, Messina, Italy and University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Chosen as “One of 9 Medical Breakthroughs That May Change Your Life” by MedicalHeadway.com.
- Awarded the 2009 Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation medical devices runner up award.
- Cited for “Most Innovative New OTC Product” runner up award from the OTC Bulletin, a leading UK-based Healthcare Marketing Publication.
Get the most current price information on BioElectronics Corporation (BIEL) including quote summary, trade data and price history at http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/biel/quote.
Thank you for your support!