BioElectronics Investor Updates
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Try It and Tell Us” 7-day ActiPatch Sample Program Update
The data now includes responses from 856 consumers suffering from chronic pain caused by a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
Visit www.bielcorp.com/clinical-evidence/musculoskeletal-pain to see detail of the survey responses. Visit www.facebook.com/ActiPatch to view what people in the UK and Ireland are saying about the products and to hear and see the joy of a user please visit http://youtu.be/YwG60w2YAzA.
Our surveys show most chronic pain relief sufferers have very high baseline pain levels underscoring the urgent need for new effective and drug-free pain therapies. “By expanding the number of participants evaluating ActiPatch Therapy we have been able to demonstrate favorable responses in more common causes of chronic pain including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, post-surgical chronic pain and neuropathic pain. As well as analyzing the data by location including, chronic back, knee, hip and shoulder pain.” said Ian Rawe, Ph.D., Director of Clinical Research at BioElectronics Corporation.
“While survey data has its limitation we have worked to validate the results in a number of ways including a targeted survey to a fibromyalgia support group, and non-response bias testing. Consequently we believe that the survey results are a good representation of the effectiveness of ActiPatch Therapy for chronic pain. This conclusion is bolstered by the number of positive testimonials and high level of interest in the UK ActiPatch Therapy Facebook page which has posted 12,000 ‘likes”.
Efficacy rates and pain reduction for those who reported efficacy by specific disease and location were:
- Chronic pain efficacy rate was 76% with a 4.35 VAS (visual analogue scale) (51%) pain reduction
- Osteoarthritis efficacy rate was 80% with a 4.49 VAS (52%) pain reduction
- Rheumatoid arthritis efficacy rate was 80% with a 4.50 VAS (50%) pain reduction
- Fibromyalgia efficacy rate was 75% with a 4.07 VAS point (47%) reduction
- Chronic post surgery pain efficacy rate was 76% with a 4.19 VAS point (48%) reduction
- Neuropathy pain efficacy rate was 69% with a 4.55 VAS point (53%) reduction
- Chronic back pain efficacy rate was 76% with a 4.26 VAS point (50%) reduction
- Chronic Knee pain efficacy rate was 80% with a 4.84 VAS point (58%) reduction
- Chronic shoulder pain efficacy rate was 80% with a 4.32 VAS point (51%) reduction
- Chronic hip pain efficacy rate was 82% with a 4.40 VAS point (51%) reduction
ActiPatch Therapy devices are readily available over-the-counter outside of the US, for approximately $30.00, retail or $0.04 per hour of therapy.
UK Boots PR & Marketing Update
UK Print Advertising
ActiPatch will have upcoming full page ads and advertorials to help create awareness and drive consumers to purchase a sample (www.tryactipatch.co.uk) with the following publications:
- Saga UK Magazine – full page back pain advertorial
- Arthritis Digest – full page arthritis advertorial
- UK Fibromyalgia Magazine – full page double spread fibromyalgia advertorial and full page ad
- Inspire Magazine (ArthritisCare Charity publication) – full page arthritis advertorial
- Choice Magazine – full page double spread editor article and full page ad
ActiPatch Social Media
BioElectronics continues to advertise the 7-Day Sample campaign on Facebook along with interacting with UK and Ireland consumers. We have sent 3,402 samples to the UK and Ireland in October.
Recent PR Coverage
- Pick Me Up (Circ: 162,920), a popular weekly lifestyle title has included a case study on a health page. 23rd of October 2014
- Leisure Kicks (Unique Users: 4,020), a sport and wellbeing website has included ActiPatch in a ‘Top Five’ column. October 2014
- Petit Moi Blog (Followers: Twitter 3,210), a mummy blogger has mentioned ActiPatch in a social media share
- The Times (Circ: 395,496), a leading Broadsheet National newspaper (similar to the New York Times in terms of stature) is including an expert comment in a ‘Back pain’ feature. October/November 2014
- The Truth about Beauty (Unique Users: 23,580), a beauty and wellbeing blogger is including ActiPatch review. Post due in the week commencing 13th October 2014
- Real People (Circ: 169,775), a popular lifestyle weekly magazine is trialling ActiPatch knee for a possible inclusion
- Women’s Health (Circ: 97,953), a top tier glossy health title is considering ActiPatch for a ‘Fitness accessories’ feature
ActiPatch Frequently Asked Questions Video
We have recently completed creating informative videos to answer the frequently asked questions about ActiPatch® Pain Relief product. These videos are narrated by Dr. Deepak Kotak and include models demonstrating how to properly use the device for maximum treatment. These videos will help further educate new consumers and will visually demonstrate how to use the device effectively.
Please visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaUgOlcDcG3Rie0FlVE9bGw to view the new FAQ videos.
Please visit www.actipatch.com/pages/faqs for frequently asked questions about ActiPatch.
Visit us at the U.S. Pavilion – Hall 16, Booth #: C18 (Maryland Booth) during the MEDICA Tradeshow in Dusseldorf, Germany on November 12-15, 2014.
MEDICA (www.medica.de) is the center of attraction for all those involved in the health care industry. More than 135,000 visitors from well over 100 countries are expected to obtain information on all the current and future trends in in-patient and out-patient care at this annual event. With the largest product display in the industry, MEDICA is the hub of the medical trade.
For complete details, please visit http://www.bielcorp.com/medica-tradeshow-2014/
OTC Pharma Asia Conference 2014
BioElectronics Executive Vice President, Dr. Deepak Kotak has been invited to present BioElectronics’ innovative chronic pain therapy at the OTC Pharma Asia Conference, on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 in Singapore.
Dr. Kotak, an anesthesiologist, talk “ActiPatch® Pain Therapy – Changing the Paradigm of OTC Chronic Pain” describes the science and how this new OTC drug-free therapy is transforming pain management and bringing “life-changing relief” to chronic pain sufferers.
BioElectronics Social Media
Next Company Update: Thursday, December 4, 2014
To receive investor updates via e-mail, please contact us at IR@bielcorp.com with your name and e-mail address. Updates are posted every other Thursday. Thank you for your support!