BioElectronics Investor Updates
Thursday, December 4, 2014
UK Fibromyalgia Sufferers Petition the National Health Service to Integrate and Pay for BioElectronics’ ActiPatch® Therapy
Pifflers United Chronic and Invisible Illnesses Support Community, www.facebook.com/PifflersUnited, is petitioning the United Kingdom’s NHS’ National Institute for Health & Care Excellence (NICE) for new guidelines for effective Fibromyalgia pain management
The group members used ActiPatch Therapy and were surveyed. Upon completion, the survey showed an average pain reduction of 33% with 79% of them reporting a pain decrease. When analyzed excluding those with no or very little pain improvement, the therapeutic rate was 69% with a 47% reduction in pain.
Pifflers United – “Supporting Anyone Living with Chronic/Invisible Illness” Reports ActiPatch Bioelectronic Therapy Relieves Chronic Pain in Fibromyalgia
Pifflers United Chronic and Invisible Illnesses Support Community, www.facebook.com/PifflersUnited, announced the release of results of a study of ActiPatch®, a new bioelectronic pain therapy device, in the self-management of fibromyalgia pain. The results demonstrated that when used in the area of worst pain, very significant clinically meaningful pain reduction can be achieved.
Try It and Tell Us” 7-day ActiPatch Sample Program Update
The data now includes responses from 1,147 consumers suffering from chronic pain caused by a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
Visit www.bielcorp.com/clinical-evidence/musculoskeletal-pain to see detail of the survey responses. Visit www.facebook.com/ActiPatch to view what people in the UK and Ireland are saying about the products and to hear and see the joy of a user please visit http://youtu.be/YwG60w2YAzA.
Efficacy rates and pain reduction for those who reported efficacy by specific disease and location were:
- Chronic pain efficacy rate was 76% with a 4.40 VAS (52%) pain reduction
- Osteoarthritis efficacy rate was 79% with a 4.43 VAS (51%) pain reduction
- Rheumatoid arthritis efficacy rate was 86% with a 4.66 VAS (54%) pain reduction
- Fibromyalgia efficacy rate was 77% with a 3.94 VAS point (46%) reduction
- Chronic post-surgery pain efficacy rate was 70% with a 4.19 VAS point (48%) reduction
- Neuropathy pain efficacy rate was 75% with a 4.48 VAS point (53%) reduction
- Chronic back pain efficacy rate was 76% with a 4.30 VAS point (51%) reduction
- Chronic Knee pain efficacy rate was 79% with a 4.84 VAS point (57%) reduction
- Chronic shoulder pain efficacy rate was 78% with a 4.23 VAS point (52%) reduction
- Chronic hip pain efficacy rate was 79% with a 4.36 VAS point (51%) reduction
ActiPatch Therapy devices are readily available over-the-counter outside of the US, for approximately $30.00, retail or $0.04 per hour of therapy.
UK Boots PR & Marketing Update
December UK Print Advertising
ActiPatch will have upcoming full page ads and advertorials to help create awareness and drive consumers to purchase a sample (www.tryactipatch.co.uk) with the following publications:
- Inspire Magazine (ArthritisCare Charity publication) – full page arthritis advertorial
- TalkBack (BackCare UK Charity publication) – full page ad
December UK TV Advertising
We will be testing TV advertising in the UK starting late December. The commercials will include testimonials from real users along with general information about the product. The commercials are now in production and will be posted to our YouTube pages once completed.
ActiPatch Social Media
BioElectronics continues to advertise the 7-Day Sample campaign on Facebook along with interacting with UK and Ireland consumers. We have sent 2,604 samples to the UK and Ireland in November.
OTC Pharma Asia Conference 2014
BioElectronics Executive Vice President, Dr. Deepak Kotak has been invited to present BioElectronics’ innovative chronic pain therapy at the OTC Pharma Asia Conference, on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 in Singapore.
Dr. Kotak, an anesthesiologist, talk “ActiPatch® Pain Therapy – Changing the Paradigm of OTC Chronic Pain” describes the science and how this new OTC drug-free therapy is transforming pain management and bringing “life-changing relief” to chronic pain sufferers.
BioElectronics Social Media
Next Company Update: Thursday, January 8, 2014
To receive investor updates via e-mail, please contact us at IR@bielcorp.com with your name and e-mail address. Updates are posted every other Thursday. Thank you for your support!